Monday, March 11, 2013

Week 7

Journal Entry 20: Observe the places around you-Nature, School, Family, Community/Church, and Work. For each place, describe examples of synergy. Next, describe situations where you have seen the Shunners Diversity, Tolerator`s Diversity or Celebrators Diversity.  Synergy (Page 182-185) 

Synergy Places 

  • Nature Synergy- There are acres of beautiful trees, flowers, and animals. 
  • School Synergy- I have the privilege of being able to go to school, be with friends & have enough school supplies. 
  • Family Synergy- I have a big, caring, & loving family. 
  • Community/Church- I live in a safe environment.
  • Work- I don't have a job yet but I do have a summer job & occasionally I babysit. I have the privilege/right to work. 
Synergy/Diversity 

  • Shunners Diversity- I've seen & experienced people like this in school especially in elementary & middle school. Usually when I switched schools kids underestimated me & thought id be an easy target until I opened my mouth & then I saw just how vulnerable they were which is how vulnerable they thought I was. But the main point of this is just to say that most people who try to make people feel bad about themselves are usually the ones that are trying to cover up their insecurity. 

  • Tolerators Diversity- I see this a lot it sort of describes my sister. Shes not really mean to somebody for no reason & she mainly keeps to herself. 
  • Celebrators Diversity- I have not really seen this diversity & if I have its become very hard to recognize/remember.
Journal Entry 21: complete DISCOVER YOUR DIFFERENCES Activity found in the yellow book on page 164-166. Please write your answers in COMPLETE SENTENCES. You do not have to write the question if it is not necessary.

1.) A nickname my family call me is: Brandy Andy or Sandy Brandy
2.) My hometown is: Raleigh, North Carolina
3.) When I have a day all to myself, I love to: play my PS3, listen to music, & be on twitter
4.) The movie I laughed the hardest at was: Kevin Hart Laugh At My Pain
5.) At night how many pillows do I use? 2 big pillows & 1 small
6.) A word or phrase I use all the time is: word: like phrase: Oh My God/Gosh
7.) My favorite musical artist or group is: Artist: Chris Brown Group: Mindless behavior
8.) My favorite ice cream is: Vanilla
9.) My typical bedtime is: I don't have one
10.) One quality that makes me unique is: I'm me and nobody else
11.) My best friend would say that my best quality is: I'm nice & funny
12.) My best subject in school is: English & Math
13.) My worst subject in school is: Science
14.) The animal that is most like me is: (Why)
15.) If I could own any car in the world it would be: A pink or red bug
16.) My best feature is: My personality
17.) Do I feel more comfortable in a large group of people or by myself? A large group of people because usually I don't like people staring at me it makes me feel insecure.
18.) One thing people don't know about me is: I can sing
19.) When I daydream I think about: Being a successful entrepreneur
20.) My best family memory is:
21.) Would spending a day in an art museum be fun or boring for me? Fun
22.) If I could visit any city in the United States, it would be: (Why?) New York because Ive always wanted to go to New York
23.) If I could visit any country in the world, it would be: (Why?) Europe, Africa, & South Africa
24.) The best vacation I ever took was:
25.) The worst vacation I ever took was: To Georgia in 4th grade
26.) If I could be any building in the world, I would be: (Why?) The Eiffel Tower
27.) Something that keeps me awake at night is: a song stuck in my head
28.) Something I enjoyed doing as a child was: going to the pool, playing video games, jump rope, & volleyball
29.) My favorite sport to watch is: Basketball
30.) My favorite book is:
31.) The season I love the most is: SUMMER
32.) My favorite holiday is: My birthday & Christmas
33.) The silliest person I know is: Markees Dasher
34.) Do I prefer the indoors or outdoors? Depending on the weather & what there is to do
35.) The best present I could ever receive is: My family back




No comments:

Post a Comment